David L. Sisley
(707) 696-9623 Sebastopol, California firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programming/scripting languages: Bash, Perl & PHP, with experience in Python, C++, Java, Assembly
- Linux System Administration: Networking and Server/Workstation configuration in multiple distributions, both RedHat & Debian based
- Database Design, Maintenance and Server Administration: MySQL & Netezza
October, 2015 – October, 2016: Programmer/Developer, Linux Administration for MBI Solutions
Assisted with large data project for Blue Shield of California: Consolidation and streamlining of disparate data sources, formats and structures into an integrated data hub, encompassing multiple domains (Provider, Member, Claims, etc.). Bash and Python scripting to process COBOL, XML, Excel, HL7 and other data file formats, loading to Netezza databases.
April, 2012 – August 2015: System Administrator, Programmer for Nu-Designs Web Development
Responsible for initial set-up, maintenance and monitoring of company servers hosting over 200 websites. Configuration of Apache, MySQL, BIND, FTP, SSHD and other services. Automation and monitoring via bash shell scripting, PHP and other languages. Design and testing of custom Drupal modules using PHP and Drupal API. Perform updates to Drupal Installations, leveraging bash and drush scripting to facilitate maintenance and updates to multiple Drupal sites in shared multisite environment. Major projects include customized Oauth-based services API using REST and JSON with documentation for large, high-volume sites.
February, 2010 – April, 2012: Freelance contract work for a variety of clients
Web Development & Database work. References available upon request.
January, 2005 – February, 2010: System Administrator, Web Developer for Copperfield’s Books
Responsible for all aspects of IT for Copperfield’s seven stores, warehouse and main offices. Maintenance, upgrading and troubleshooting hardware, software and networking (via VPN) in heterogeneous environment (Linux, Windows, Mac). Design and maintenance of Databases. Conversion of manual reporting processes imposed by legacy inventory system to automated reports, MySQL based web applications; scripting via combination of bash, PHP and Perl. Set up and maintenance of a variety of servers (web, mail, database, etc.). Management of a small team of IT support and Web Development employees.
March, 2003 – January 2005: Web Programming and Design, Freelance
1993 - 2003:
- Legal Assistant, District Attorney of Sonoma County, Environmental and Consumer Law Division
- Paralegal, Wolkin & Timpane, LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Administrative Assistant, Knecht, Haley, Lawrence & Smith, San Francisco, CA
- Clerical Assistant, Oakland City Attorney's Office, Oakland, CA
Sonoma State University and Santa Rosa Junior College
Course work in Computer Science: Programming, Database Theory and Design, Object Oriented Programming, Linux System Administration; 2001-2004
State University of New York at Binghamton
Bachelor of Arts, English and General Literature; 1989